PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Seed Sales intern under the direction of the Seed Sales Specialist, responsible for prospecting/sales of seed within an assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participates in selected sales activities, i.e. customer meetings, trade shows, sales meeting to keep abreast of seed sales trends and sales environment
- Hands on experience in agronomy; scouts crops to ensure they meet the appropriate agronomic conditions and makes proper recommendations regarding ways to improve and increase customer satisfaction
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities
- Identifies progressive customers and coordinates the sharing of these lists with energy & agronomy sales representatives
- Coordinate communication with multi-site contacts, schedule field activities and carry out projects.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed
- Potentially exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and can travel independently and overnight as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.