MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD
The grower position performs manual labor to assist in the maintenance, upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing medicinal cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, pruning, propagating, and transplanting. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
The grower will be responsible for execution of daily activities as they pertain to maintaining the health of medical cannabis plants. This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses sharp instruments and is exposed to a variety of environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Exposure to tight corners and workspaces. Exposure to a pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 70% of the time will be spent working with plants in the grow rooms propagating, transplanting, moving, pruning, spacing, grading, watering, potting, and loading cannabis plants. 20% of time will be spent doing general duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery, including 5s. 10% will be spent on continuous improvement.
- Execution of activities including propagation, transplanting, moving, pruning, spacing, grading, watering, applications, potting, and loading cannabis plants.
- General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery, including 5s.
- Execution of growing techniques, including; germination, cloning, transplanting, pruning, and grading.
- Scout for plant pests and execute IPM schedules.
- Execute Irrigation and applications schedules.
- Follow and uphold GMP and GAP standards.
- Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention, it needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Ability to maintain plants with Metrc state compliance UID tagging system
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school Diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Horticultural Technical Certification or a minimum of 3 years of verifiable hands on growing experience
- Prior commercial agricultural experience in a greenhouse or nursery.
- E xcellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to follow protocols and willingness to learn new skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all area
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of controlled greenhouse environments.
- Knowledge of State AG regulations
- Strong math skills
Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Life Insurance, Employee Discounts, EAP, Workplace Perks, Free Financial Advisor
Curio Wellness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. (Hours and days are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work overtime and weekends as need.
Curio Wellness is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled