Wonderful Agency is the full-service, award winning in-house agency that operates as exclusive creator of integrated ad campaigns and content for such iconic brands as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Wonderful Halos, JUSTIN, JNSQ and Landmark Wines, and Teleflora, in addition to all the philanthropic initiatives led by the owners of The Wonderful Company.
We are seeking a seasoned Visual Designer with impeccable taste and a broad set of tools and experience. This mid-level Designer will elevate our work across all touchpoints including posters, collateral, brochures, newsletters, point-of-sale materials, annual reports, brand guidelines as well as some online projects like websites, emails and social content.
Reporting to the Director of Design and working within the Creative Department of our agency, our fast-paced and entrepreneurial 110-person shop, you’ll expand your skills and raise your creative game by concepting, designing and producing real-world work across virtually every channel alongside some of the best talent in the business. In addition to working across our entire portfolio of good-for-you brands, you’ll also be a key contributor in supporting our health & wellness, education and philanthropic efforts, and in helping to ensure our internal communications are engaging and memorable. Every brief at Wonderful is a chance to make something special.
What you won’t be doing is wasting time on new business pitches and creating work for testing, since we don’t do either. Because we are the in-house agency, there are limited levels of approvals and you’ll have access to the major stakeholders including the owners of the company.
Here’s what we offer:
* A wide variety of fun, simple, inspiring and good-for-you brands and briefs.
* An open and collaborative “idea-first” environment.
* The opportunity to apply your conceptual thinking and to hone your graphic and digital design skills across a range of brand projects and touchpoints.
* The chance to do the same in support of our extensive philanthropic efforts in health & wellness, education, community development and the arts.
* Mentorship by and interaction with graphic designers, writers, art directors, producers, editors and motion graphics pros.
* Access to clients, business unit leads and our owners, for a 360-degree immersion in our products and brands.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
* The optimism to think bigger, the curiosity to dig deeper and the passion to do better.
* A killer portfolio that demonstrates your ability to come up with simple yet innovative visual solutions across a range of design challenges, along with the hands-on skills and attention to detail to execute superbly in a variety of mediums.
* 4 to 5+ years of experience as a Designer in an agency or in-house environment.
* The ability to translate broader creative concepts and brand styles into functional design systems and effective user interfaces and experiences.
* The flexibility to work as part of a team one day, independently the next. You adapt to new ideas, processes and business problems with ease and enthusiasm.
* A proven commitment to hard work and collaboration even when under the pressure of tight deadlines or multiple assignments.
* A professional attitude and an openness to feedback that commands the respect of supervisors, clients and colleagues.
* Proficiency with the appropriate Mac-based tools of your trade. (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, et al).
* Some motion graphics and/or UI design experience preferred but not required.
* Good working knowledge of Keynote and/or PowerPoint a plus.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- A competitive salary plus bonus eligibility.
- An on-site subsidized high-end café, offering farm to table meals.
- A brand new, state-of-the-art 20,000-foot agency space.
- A wide range of training opportunities including leadership and presentation skills.
- Free on-site yoga classes and weekly guided meditation sessions.
- Numerous annual parties, events and offsites.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you can devour.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- A bicycle-friendly building.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.