Being “Wonderful” goes beyond our consumer promise of growing and distributing high-quality fruits, nuts and other products to customers around the world. We also strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through a wide range of philanthropic activities focused on investing in and collaborating with the communities where our employees live and work. We’re proud of the difference we’ve made in the areas of education, community development, health and wellness, and sustainability, particularly in California’s Central Valley. Helping tell the story of The Wonderful Company’s rich legacy of giving back is where you can play a key role.
We are seeking a Graphic Design Associate to support design needs for Wonderful Education, Wonderful Philanthropy, and Wonderful Health and Wellness. This position will be based in Los Angeles, with travel to the Central Valley of California, as needed.
Please Note: This position is not eligible for relocation. We are only considering applicants who are already local to Los Angeles at this time. Thank you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design assets for all social media content related to Wonderful Education, Wonderful Health & Wellness and Wonderful Philanthropy.
- From concept to completion, design a broad variety of quick-turnaround marketing assets handled by the internal marketing team that includes but is not limited to; presentations, brochures, posters, email blasts, web graphics, etc.
- Perform assigned creative content changes and updates to all marketing materials.
- Manipulate graphics as per request (scanning, retouching, color correction, file conversion.)
- Solve problems with innovative visual solutions.
- Receive direction and feedback from the Senior Marketing Manager or other team members on required asset creation.
- Contribute to team effort by meeting all deadlines with quality work.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
***Please include your portfolio link on your resume***
- Formal design training. BA Degree in Graphic Design highly preferred.
- Proficiency in the Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create clean design across a variety of deliverables.
- A pulse on social media that will help inform the creation of engaging content.
- Must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to take a design from concept to production.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and high standard for the quality of your work.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with high accountability for creative standards.
- Ability to take a design from conception to production.
- High attention to detail.
- Graphic Design internship or working experience highly preferred, but not required.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership options.
- On-site subsidized high-end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com), allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office!
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.