Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide.
Each summer we welcome over 30 interns across our organization in multiple facets of the business. We are searching for a college student or recent college graduate to join our team as a Grain/Agribusiness Intern for our Millsboro, DE complex for Summer 2021. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 10 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional assignments; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: Assist Management in the analysis of operational documents and data related to grain facilities and local grain origination at our locations in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. This project has two main goals. First, is to update and enhance the Grain Facility SOP Manual and help ensure that we are consistently applying current best management practices. Second, is to assemble data relative to local farmers, farm acreage, crop production, sales histories, and on-farm storage and provide meaningful feedback to our Grain Merchandisers to support increasing the amount of grain we purchase locally.
- Learn day-to-day operational requirements of a grain facility through guidance from Grain Facility Management, Mountaire support departments, independent study, and consultation with industry experts.
- Review existing written grain facility procedures to ensure compliance with requirements and make recommendations for changes where needed.
- Analyze existing database and assemble additional information to provide insight into where our Grain Merchandisers have the potential to gain market share.
- Meet with the Director of Grain Facilities and Grain Origination on a regular basis to report on progress and to receive feedback.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and dissect written documents and data
- Fluent in Micro-Soft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent math and grammar skills are necessary; technical writing skills strongly desired
- Work in a team environment, introduce new concepts and influence seasoned professionals
- Valid Driver’s License; must be able to pass Mountaire Motor Vehicle Records check
- Travel required – 50-mile radius from Millsboro, DE
- Work in a Grain Facility, including dusty & hot environments
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree at an accredited College or University
Internship Type: On-Site
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday (8am-5pm)