Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned cooperative with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas. Established in 2003, CVA provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers. We’re proud to serve our communities and be a great place to work. We offer a safe, family-oriented work environment that fosters personal growth and development.
We’re hiring a Grain Superintendent for our Tamora, NE location about 30 miles west of Lincoln, NE. This facility is a grain/agronomy location and large dry fertilizer plant. It's a shuttle loading facility that sits on the Burlington/Northern rail line. You will focus on overseeing the grain elevator operation, including inventory, equipment and facilities maximizing profitability.
We offer competitive salary based on experience, great medical benefits, paid time off, life insurance, pension and 401k with match.
This role is for you if you have…
- Experience in the ag industry with an understanding of grain. Experience with quality, inventory, blending, conditioning and management of ground piles is preferred. Prior experience as a grain laborer, grain operator or similar role would prepare you well for this.
- Great communication skills. Prior management experience is not required.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A Class A CDL license, or the ability to obtain it.
- A HS Diploma or GED.
Your key responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day operations of the elevator.
- Coordinate movement of grain, including receiving, grading, loading, and storage among elevator facilities to maximize profitability.
- Regulate the grain inventory at the location and communicate inventory levels to supervisor.
- Assists in monitoring grain storage and condition to maintain excellent grain quality, including ensuring proper aeration, checking temperature, and sampling quality.
- Oversee maintenance of buildings and equipment at the grain elevator, including grain dryers, fans and motors.
- Manage the customer base through excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and timely.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment.