As a Superintendent (Grain Supervisor), at our Sioux City, Iowa location, you will perform a combination of tasks involved with storing and handling of grain products including loading/unloading grain, determining grain quality, trouble shooting mechanical defects, and operating heavy equipment.
The full benefits package, includes but not limited to, relocation assistance, paid time off, medical, dental and retirement plans.
Hansen-Mueller Co. provides grain merchandising and commodity trading for corn, soybeans, wheat and oats as well as other feed ingredients and byproducts. Hansen Mueller Co. is a growing company with 19 mills and elevators in the United States.
Day shift! Great pay $50,000-$65,000 depending on experience! Great culture! Check out our video! As a working Supervisor, you will work directly with the Facility Manager to protect and safely increase the value of inventory, capital, and personnel.
Besides the full benefits package, including but not limited to, relocation assistance, paid time off, medical, dental and retirement plans, here are the job duties you can look forward to:
- Performing a combination of tasks involved with storing and handling of grain products including loading/unloading grain, determining grain quality, trouble shooting mechanical defects, and operating heavy equipment as a working Supervisor.
- Coaches and provides continuous feedback to employees to improve process efficiencies, tracking and measuring progress of individual and team performance and attendance.
- Provides additional training and mentoring of team members to ensure satisfactory performance and high engagement.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager to establish and document procedures to improve day-to-day performance and process efficiencies to improve the quality and quantity of stored grain.
Responsible for maintaining, documenting along with ensuring accuracy in the reporting process.
- Executes safety initiatives and follows all safety policies and procedures maintaining a clean, safe, and well-kept facility. Supervises general housekeeping activities inside and outside the facility.
- May assist in interviewing, hiring, and training, appraising performances, rewarding, and disciplining employees.
Here's what’s required:
- Minimum of 3 years of agriculture, farming, and grain experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Agriculture or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Knowledge of database software; inventory software; spreadsheet and word processing software; preferred.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Office and facility setting. The facility environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.