Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The Grain Services summer student will work closely with other grain procurement staff in documenting grower compliance with the terms and conditions of special crop production and pricing contracts. This role will also require interacting effectively with oilseed producers, truck carriers, and other Bunge employees; and the compilation of data relating to Canola, Nexera, HEAR & Non GMO programs.
- Prepare and issue contracts to producers, schedule deliveries of oilseeds, complete special projects and provide superior customer service to producers.
- Coordinate farm calls to Non GMO, HEAR and Nexera growers as well as complete the Farm Call report.
- Set up field signs at grower fields to promote the IP variety contracted with Bunge.
- Participate in Nexera Spring Surveys and organize data.
- Prepare Fall Nexera harvest questionnaire preparation for mailing.
- Provide support for the Grain Marketing Coordinators – provide weekly price comparisons; update seed scheduling program grower data/duplicates; answer phones as needed.
- Participate in the Canadian “Crop Tour/Tally Tour”, gathering data for Bunge’s Research Group
- Provide detailed information to oilseed producers relating to Bunge oilseed procurement programs.
- Prepare and issue Production and Pricing contracts to producers specifying the terms and conditions of production and delivery of oilseeds.
- Schedule deliveries of oilseeds in accordance with production schedules.
- Work effectively with truck carriers to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of oilseeds.
- Attend grower functions throughout the summer
- College and/or University education in Agriculture or Business/Marketing
- Background in Agriculture considered an asset.
- Demonstrated aptitude for superior customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC applications, such as Excel and Word; SAP experience is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Segment: Intern, Agricultural, ERP, Sustainable Agriculture, SAP, Entry Level, Agriculture, Technology