Merchandisers at ADM are a vital component in our supply chain. Individuals in these dynamic roles have responsibility for the procurement of grain and oilseeds, and/or the marketing of finished goods to achieve optimum financial results. Merchandisers are asked to develop an understanding of local, national and global market trends, calculate business margins and their effect on commodity pricing, and manage local bids and offers among many other topics. Additionally, in their roles, Merchandisers balance risk management, customer relationships, transportation and logistics.
Originators at ADM are a critical component in our supply chain. Individuals in these dynamic roles are responsible for earning the right to buy grain and oilseeds from our producer base. Originators are asked to develop an understanding of their draw territory, partner with customers to learn their business, identify new potential customers for ADM and form long-lasting customer relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust. An Originator role at ADM requires leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively in group and individual settings, and a strong ability to work directly with others to help producers manage production and marketing risk.
To support learning and development for our Origination interns, ADM has built an exceptional intern program. This twelve-week internship exposes interns to all aspects of ADM’s businesses, provides the opportunity to interact with Commercial leadership teams, and establishes a base knowledge of Origination terminology and concepts critical for success in the role. Internship opportunities take place at our river terminals, country elevators and processing plants in the Midwest.
Key components of the internship include:
- Grain merchandising
- Space and logistics management
- Risk Management Tools
- Understanding facility operations such as receiving, load-out of grain, maintenance and safety
- Financial accounting and management
- Customer service including creating new value for the customer in a commodity business
- Pursuing a four-year degree in Business or an Agriculture-related field
- GPA of 2.8 or greater is preferred
- Open to relocation throughout the U.S.
- ADM requires the successful completion of our pre-employment process, which may include a background check, drug/alcohol screen, medical history questionnaire and other job-related functional evaluations.
There’s a place at ADM that will engage your mind, stimulate your professional development, and satisfy your hunger to make a vital difference. Are you ready to find a place to feed your passion?