ADM’s Agricultural Services consists of an extensive grain elevator, transportation and marketing network that originates, transports, stores and sells agricultural commodities including wholesale and farm-direct fertilizers. ADM has developed a team with strong grain and fertilizer experience to work closely with ADM facilities and in other strategic footprints. The ideal person would have solid grain and fertilizer industry experience, have a good understanding of production agriculture, grain and fertilizer markets, and a strong ability to work directly with and with others to help farmers supply and manage production and marketing risk. This position requires leadership skills, a strong ability to communicate in group and individual settings. This role will help ADM grain origination and fertilizer sales, and exceed sales, service, and revenue goals with an emphasis on developing long-term farmer relationships to secure supply chains critical to feeding the worlds growing population and improving diets.
The qualified individual will be responsible for professional farm direct grain origination and fertilizer growth of their target customer and prospect base to develop long term relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or agriculture, or equivalent experience, supplemented with minimum of 2-5 years of origination or sales experience, Ag sector preferred
- Demonstrate capacity to evaluate and handle risk, along with understanding of how to conduct professional sales/origination calls
- Basic understanding of grain and fertilizer markets, production agriculture and the application of those to the farmer
- Dedication to be a positive & professional team member
- Ability to function effectively, both independently and on group efforts including other origination, merchandising and sales staff
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to collaborate with various levels ADM
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology
- Utilize technology applications that are critical to origination activities such as Farm Market ID, QTR, and other necessary technology applications
- Commitment to use Salesforce to track customer interactions and assemble critical business information
- Commitment to territory planning and efficient execution.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
- Collaborate with local leadership and merchandisers to provide insight and support strategic goals.
- Must have the ability to speak in public, cold call and communicate effectively
- Responsible for building and maintaining producer relationships
- Grow origination from individual efforts as well demonstrating the ADM resources and personnel available
- Coordinate strategic origination plan with the team
- Maintain clear customer list with market share/contact information/activity log and specific goals for all key accounts (100- 150 customers and prospects)
- Total origination responsibilities for 5 – 10 million bushels of territory market share opportunity.
- Basic fertilizer introduction and sales responsibilities.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all non-traditional risk management products,
- Proficient skills in discovering customer needs and positioning solution alternatives using portfolio of products and services
- Actively prospect for new business
- Actively communicate with other colleagues on markets/grain movement
- Work to attain positive, collaborative relationships with internal colleagues across all divisions and responsibilities.
- Portrays a positive image of ADM and self when interacting with customers and colleagues
- Use of technology such as Salesforce and other technology tools to efficiently communicate and transact with customers and capture critical information.
- Responsible for proper customer account maintenance, including contract management, logistics and A/R
- Must be engaged with CSR/accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting and contract management
- Strong self-motivation and account planning and execution
- Solid understanding of crop insurance, farm bill, and cost of production concepts for use with customers during risk management discussions.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.