Responsible for safely and efficiently loading and unloading raw materials (corn and DDG) in and out, as well as loading truck and rail ethanol. Responsible for grain bin cleaning, inventory maintenance, and general grounds upkeep.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Learn and operate the computer DCS system for corn receiving, ethanol loading,
and by-product loading.
2. Follow procedures for plant area start-ups and shut-downs.
3. Follow procedures for all aspects of the company safety program, including Confined space Program and Lock-out Tag-out program.
4. Maintain daily update of cleaning and PM maintenance checklists and routine duties calendar.
5. Interface with plant personnel to insure adequate corn, ethanol, and DDG movement and storage capacities are maintained.
6. Collaborate with maintenance department to facilitate maintenance and repair of Grain and DDG equipment.
7. Know and understand city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the facility, and work in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
8. Assist in maintaining the security and general upkeep of the plant and grounds.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate preferred
Associate degree or technical degree/certification preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred
Experience in the operation of a grain receiving facility preferred
Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS)
Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines
Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with customers and employees at all levels of the organization
Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary
Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
This position is a Monday through Friday day position; however, there may be the need for this position to fill 12 hour shifts in process from time-to-time, as required and as directed by the Operations Manager. Significant time will be spent in the plant and grains area. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175 feet. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Travel required or as needed.
This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.