Who We Are: The Andersons, Inc. owns grain terminals in eight states including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas with grain storage capacity of more than 151 million bushels at 32 grain storage facilities. Our grain facilities accept corn, soybean and wheat commodities. We provide our customers with high quality DDGs and feed and work with each of our customers on feed needs, quality requirements, freight needs and more.
What we are looking For: An entry level, full time or seasonal Grain Operations Worker who has mechanical experience and is motivated and dependable.
What we offer: A great entry level opportunity with variety in your day and room for growth, competitive wages, 1st shift hours, benefits, vacation time, 401K and more.
What you will be doing:
- Assist loading trains as needed and perform all operations tasks involving the receipt, storage, and shipping of grain.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repairs to assigned equipment, including the record keeping and scheduling of duties, troubleshooting, and repairs of all mechanical and electrical problems with minimal outside assistance. (conveyors, legs, plumbing, pay loaders, bobcats, etc.)
- Perform all tasks associated with inbound grain receipts, including inspecting and grading grain, setting up blends, loading of units per contract, binning of grain properly, and dumping trucks.
- Perform clean-up work and housekeeping duties.
- Operate, adjust, and maintain the grain dryer and its support equipment to ensure effective and efficient qualities.
- Operate various types of equipment and tools, such as acetylene torch, arc welder, OHM meter, voltmeter, ARP probe, and basic hand tools.
- Assist in preparation of quality, maintenance, and housekeeping reports for the Operations Supervisor as requested.
- Have a thorough understanding of all safety rules and procedures and be responsible for their full implementation throughout the facilities.
What you need:
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Additional Skills: Basic electrical and mechanical skills. An aptitude for numbers is important. Customer service skills.
Working Conditions:The employee will have frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust, and noise. Employee must be able to lift 50-100 pounds and be able to perform repetitive motion with 50 pounds of weight for extended periods of time.