Who We Are: The Andersons, Inc. owns grain terminals in eight states including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas with grain storage capacity of more than 151 million bushels at 32 grain storage facilities. Our grain facilities accept corn, soybean and wheat commodities. We provide our customers with high quality DDGs and feed and work with each of our customers on feed needs, quality requirements, freight needs and more.
What we are looking For: An entry level, full time Grain Operations Worker who has mechanical experience and is motivated and dependable.
What we offer: A great entry level opportunity with variety in your day and room for growth, competitive wages, 2nd shift hours Noon to 8pm, benefits, vacation time, 401K, yearly incentive bonus and more.
What you will be doing:
- Operate scales and Ande-Weigh system; grade and test grain and provide customer service.
- Operate grain handling and receiving equipment, including receipt of grain, transferring operations, grain drying and basic trouble shooting of the grain equipment. Maintain knowledge of hazard monitoring equipment capabilities and limitations.
- Load trucks and railcars in accordance with all safety rules, check required information from each truck and driver and complete required documentation.
- Perform all related DDGS load-out functions. Load out other commodities that may be produced by the plant.
- Operate industrial mobile equipment for a skid steer loader, front end loaders, forklift, locomotive, sky track forklift, and mobile man lifts.
- Know housekeeping standards and follow proper cleaning standards for assigned areas.
What you need:
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Additional Skills: Basic electrical and mechanical skills. An aptitude for numbers is important. Customer service skills.
Working Conditions: The position involves frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust, and noise. The incumbent must lift 50-100 pounds frequently and must be aware of the danger from working at heights or from slipping.