The Andersons originated and is still headquartered in Maumee, Ohio. More than 65 years later, we operate over 40 grain elevators in 8 states, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Texas with a total storage capacity of more than 150 million bushels. Our grain facilities accept corn, soybean, wheat, oats, and more commodities.
We are currently hiring a Grain Operations Laborer for our location in Champaign, IL. This position is responsible for performing operations tasks involving the receiving, storage, cleaning, packaging and shipping of grain.
- Perform at least six tasks in the operations area contributing to customer service, grain conditioning and general facility upkeep.
- Operate various types of mobile equipment.
- Safe operation of mobile equipment such as Bobcat, Forklift, Payloader and Locomotive.
- Operate truck dumps in a safe and efficient matter.
- Participate in all aspects of rail loading including lid closer, locomotive operator, loader, and blender.
- Operate grain dryers.
- Work on maintenance crews as needed with a focus on monthly preventative maintenance of equipment.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience.
- Works within established procedures.
- Completes work with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Strong expectations of adhering to, living, and breathing the safety culture of the company/facility.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in high places and in confined spaces.
- Frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust, and noise.
- Must be able to work various shifts as well as swing shifts during peak harvest seasons.
- Must be flexible to working daily overtime and weekends as needed.
- High degree of customer service skills.