CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Hamilton, MI facility. We are looking for a Grain Merchandising Department Manager to lead an experienced grain team, merchandise grain and be responsible for the overall profit and loss of the department. You must be self-motivated, hardworking, have good time management skills, able to make decisions and work independently.
In this role, you will:
- Merchandise overall grain positions in accordance with company policy.
- Create budgets and have full responsibility of the P & L statement.
- Implement and administer marketing programs with farmer patrons.
- Coordinate movement of grain, receiving, grading, loading, and storage among elevator facilities to maximize profitability and meet objectives of General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- Communicate with General Manager, Assistant General Manager and/or line merchandisers on grain positions and grain programs.
- Keep abreast of market conditions and area crop conditions to minimize exposure and maximize profitability.
- Communicate with Feed Location Managers and operation specialists to facilitate orderly movement of grains and administration of marketing programs.
- Manage grain merchandisers and/or grain staff.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure a quality product through regular monitoring of grain condition.
- Observe and enforce all company policies and procedures, promoting safety in the workplace and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role is for you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience with grain merchandising, grain procurement or grain origination.
- You would enjoy expanding your leadership skills and leading a team (prior management experience is not required).
- You are detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in an agriculture related field (preferred, but not required)
This position offers competitive pay and an extensive range of benefits including a bonus, paid time off, health, dental, vision, profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement. In addition to their great benefits, CHS is a great company to work for because of the value they place on the growth and advancement of their employees and the communities they work in.