Key Cooperative is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. We are essential business partners through Agronomy, Energy, Feed & Grain. We have locations in 17 farming communities throughout the state of Iowa.
Who We Are: We’re a sort of family at Key Cooperative. Our people — and our equipment — are important to us, and we take care of both. We can crack jokes and plan parties and celebrate life together. But we know when it’s time to get serious and down to business. And we’ve got each other’s backs — from our members’ to our employees’. We work hard, play hard and care more than most because this is our kind of passion. And our leaders, our peers, our members alike get that, because it’s their kind of passion too.
We’re Hiring a Grain Marketing and Origination Specialist at our Sully, IA location just about 50 miles east of Des Moines. In this position you will develop, implement, and promote grain market risk management strategies with the origination team which will enhance producer profitability, build cooperative market share and enhance the long-term profitability of Key Cooperative. This employee will assist as needed with risk management functions including Cash and Futures trading. You will promote and support safety standards of the department and company. Our ideal candidate will be an independent, self-starter with the ability to work additional hours as needed including seasonal hours, some weekends and overnights.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding and effectively communicates marketing concepts and application of cash, futures, basis, options, grain contracts and other risk management tools.
- Tailors risk management strategies, products and contracts to the risk bearing ability, understanding and comfort level of each producer.
- Understands the principles and application of crop insurance and coordinates with Key Cooperative’s crop insurance partner.
- Complies with and actively supports Grain Department pricing policies, risk management strategies, accounting functions, internal controls and credit terms.
Sales & Marketing
- Increases grain market share, wallet share, and customer retention while maintaining or enhancing overall margins.
- Monitors customer offers, contracts, and settlement documentation, and communicates as needed.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the current and potential market share.
- Collaborates with the grain team to develop and Implement specific strategies and action plans for growth. Monitor customers’ metrics to track progress. Regularly reports on progress to grain management.
- Supports, coordinates, trains and assists Location Management and Customer Service Representatives in effective grain origination and producer risk management.
- Establish and service a personal book of grain origination business focusing on elevated risk, technically demanding and/or high-volume producer/customers and prospects.
- Assists and supports Field Marketing Specialists by developing and monitoring customer marketing plans, sales history, and leveraging the existing data systems to maximize effective use of time and resources.
- Coordinate and assist in round table meetings with key grain customers along with the Grain Department Manager, and other key grain personnel.
- Assist and support the Country Grain Origination Staff with complex customer needs, elevated risk scenarios, or sensitive customer relationships.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or six years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of merchandising in at least 3 different markets, with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of outside sales or grain origination experience.
- Prefer previous management experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Series III license preferred