Welcome to Peterson Farms located in Central Kentucky! We’re a diversified, family-owned and operated farm growing corn, soybeans, hemp and red winter wheat. We manage over 18,000 acres in nine counties with a majority of our production used in the bourbon whisky industry. Agriculture is very different than generations ago and though Peterson Farms has adapted our business to the changes in the industry, our foundation remains the same and our core values remain unchanged from many generations ago. Our team is passionate about agriculture, dedicated to working together and thrives with the changing demands of each season.
Join Our Team! We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Grain Assistant (Elevator Worker) at our Loretto, KY location. You will be working closely with the Grain Facilities Manager to provide our customers with timely service and quality products. You will be assisting in a variety of ways from the movement of grain throughout the facilities, to meeting customer product specifications to conducting routine maintenance. You will also be drying down grain, loading/unloading trucks and keeping accurate records and inventory. You will impact the farm with your ability to focus on quality, moisture levels and inventory to maximize the product from the field.
This role is for you if you
- Have prior grain handling, grain elevator experience – strongly preferred, open to other production agriculture experience
- Are mechanically inclined with the ability to work on the facilities
- Have the ability to work extended hours during the busy season
We Offer a competitive hourly wage along with insurance for employees, 401K, lunch provided daily, company performance bonus and paid vacation. We also offer one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
What you would be doing
- Dump and load grain trucks
- Sample and grade grain samples in accordance with GIPSA standards
- Input correct customer information on tickets to ensure timely and accurate payments
- Perform routing maintenance on grain handling equipment
- Ensure grain facility sanitation
- Provide outstanding customer service to our customers
- Understand and execute the movement of grain throughout the facility
- Operate grain dryers
- Climb grain bins
- Decide which bin to put grain in based on analysis of the sample
- Mix and blend grain to meet customer specifications
- Ensure a safe work environment and maintain cleanliness inside the tractors and vehicles