Falmouth Farm Supply, Inc, is family-owned, multi-location grain, fertilizer, crop protection, feed, fuel and seed operation proudly serving our farming community since 1965. We have locations in Millville, Falmouth and Glenwood, Indiana. We also provide services including custom application, crop consulting and precision soil analysis.
We are hiring for a Grain Elevator Manager to manage our Glenwood, IN location where we have storage capacity of over one million bushels of corn, beans and wheat. This facility also stores dry and liquid fertilizer and anhydrous. In this role you would manage the inventory of the fertilizer (not the sale/service) and the grain operations (not marketing) for the location. You would be managing the employees, the maintenance, inventory and operational efficiency of the location.
If you have a passion for operations, efficiency and putting customers first you will fit well within our team. Our team consists of highly driven individuals that work well together and have a passion for agriculture.
Compensation is highly dependent on experience. Benefits include
A typical day looks like
- Manage day-to-day operations of the grain elevator
- Provide employees daily direction, coaching and monitoring of performance
- Oversee all facility and equipment maintenance
- Manage the unloading of fertilizer
- Regulate inventory of liquid and dry fertilizer
- Ensure grain quality and maintain grain inventory
- Interact with customers and uphold the Falmouth standards
- Communicate with other locations and owners on inventory, improvement ideas and logistics
- Coordinate with main office on purchases
- Follows safety protocols
You are Qualified
- Prior experience in agriculture with a strong mechanical understanding of equipment
- Proven effective management abilities
- Ability to problem-solve in the moment