Key Cooperative Job Description – GRAIN & AGRONOMY OPERATIONS ATTENDANT
GRAIN & AGRONOMY OPERATIONS ATTENDANT
SUMMARY: The Grain & Agronomy Operations Attendant is responsible for grain handling and plant maintenance at
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Take responsibility for good grain condition, and monthly facility inspections, as by OSHA
• Maintaining grain inventory moistures and temperatures of silos and tanks.
• Performs the dumping and receiving of producers’ grain.
• Completes all assigned tasks according to work order estimates and their daily work schedule.
• Delivers to customer’s products and services that are sold by the branch on schedule.
• Displays reliable attendance and schedules time-off with advance notice.
• Keeps the Location Manager informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues
that may arise.
• Promotes the business with existing and potential customers.
• Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times; exhibits good customer
• Performs required preventative maintenance and have all preventive maintenance reports
turned in on time.
• Assist in chemical shed with automated load out system.
• Assist with NH3 plant and dry fertilizer plant.
• Cleans up grain spills; assists in keeping all inside and outside work areas extremely neat and
• Continuously follows the company employee policies, safety guidelines and safety programs
established by Key Cooperative.
• Completion of safety reports and required records.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: USDA grain weighing and grading license. Pest Control
Applicators License of grade 7-E would be beneficial. Class A CDL with Endorsements. A minimum of a
registered technician, or a 1-A applicator’s license.