GROWMARK is a regional cooperative with annual sales of $10 billion (FY2012 data) providing agriculture-related products and services, as well as grain marketing in 31 states and Ontario, Canada. GROWMARK is ranked fifth on the NCB Co-op 100 listing of the nation’s 100 highest revenue-earning cooperative businesses. GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member cooperatives. GROWMARK is large enough to offer solid career opportunities, but small enough to provide a family-oriented, welcoming environment and great benefits.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Agronomy intern under the direction of the Sales/Marketing Manager, trains and assists with general Agronomy functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Hands on experience in agronomy field.
• Visit FS locations and customers building professional relationships.
• Coordinate communication with multi-site contacts, schedule field activities and carry out projects.
• Operate field research and crop monitoring equipment and technology for scouting.
• Assist with facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Gain understanding and experience with ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently.
• Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
• Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed
• Potentially exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel independently and overnight as needed.
• Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position
GROWMARK, Inc. strives to provide a benefitspackage that delivers competitivepay for performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent. The cornerstone of our benefits package is the company funded, defined benefit pension plan along with health and disability insurance, an employer matched 401k plan, and other voluntary group benefit programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.