The Global IT Technical Liaison, ESH is responsible for: applying technical skills to accelerate the migration of legacy systems into a new ESH management systems platform and facilitating knowledge transfer of those systems to rapidly mature outsourced support. These efforts will drive continuous improvement in ESH business processes and automating reporting activities; creating visibility and facilitating delivery of the ESH support and development backlog; and, integrating key business-critical operating knowledge. Reporting to the ESH Global Strategy & Operations Lead, this role will work closely with all ESH teams, business users and complement the ESH Data Analyst and ESH Management Systems Specialists. These efforts will achieve our transformational goals by applying technical skills and relationships and networks to deliver a world class management system, enhanced (self-service) tools, process improvements and best practice methodologies.
- Serve as an ESH application technical subject matter expert (SME) to help the organization build and deliver a legacy application migration plan into the Intelex management system
- Partner with the IT organization to logically package and transfer ESH application knowledge to 3rd parties so they rapidly achieve independence from the IT Technical Liaison, ESH to deliver and own outsourced support
- Deliver system administration, technical and application configuration support for the ESH Management System
- Drive continuous improvement in business processes and data quality that feed into our global management system to properly associate injury/illness/vehicle incidents with hours worked and miles driven, as well as off-the-job safety outreach impacts
- Accelerate development and use of existing or new tools/technologies to streamline business processes outside the ESH management system
- Serve as an ESH process design SME to complement and partner with the Global and Regional ESH leaders and committees; ESH Management Systems Team; business users; and, enabling internal/3rd party service providers
- Contribute to the development of the ESH backlog (and innovation) pipeline methodology for ideation, qualification, selection, and implementation.
- Expand use of self-service data visualization tool (Spotfire) by integrating complex datasets, or data structures, to facilitate our goal of delivering the right information to the right user at the right time
- Complement ESH Data Analyst role by: simplifying and automating core reporting activities to expand capacity; temporarily augmenting application support associated with access requests and distribution lists. These efforts will improve data quality by performing quality assurance diligence and maintaining timely, accurate and complete safety groups, location and organization hierarchy, driver and vehicle inventory. Additionally, this will involve designing, developing and using Business Objects, Sharepoint (TeamSites, Portals), Spotfire, Nintex, HTML/CSS capabilities to enable analyses, business productivity and improve visualization of ESH performance.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, information systems or operations research required; Masters degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience in project management, data management, data integrity, data mining, business intelligence/analytics or business systems analyst.
- Results oriented with proven ability to drive continuous improvement by expanding capabilities of existing or new tools/technologies
- Preferred candidates will have an understanding of relational databases and possess strong technical skills with relevant experience in ESH management systems, vehicle safety, sustainability systems, mobile applications and geospatial technology.
- Proven experience with tools such as SAP, Business Objects, Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Sharepoint. Preferred candidates also have experience with Intelex or other ESH management systems, Nintex, Spotfire, HTML, CSS and JIRA.
- Ability to collaborate with internal/3rd party software developers, technical architects, test engineers, and support personnel to develop requirements and produce innovative, high quality product, data, and service solutions.
- The successful candidate will develop a thorough and direct understanding of supported business functions and relationships within the technical and business teams. This position will lead product, data and service solutions by defining and documenting requirements, design processes, define limitations, develop and implement solutions project life cycle from planning, development, and production implementation through post-implementation support.
- Elicit, define, gain consensus, and manage requirements using techniques such as facilitated workshops, individual interviews, prioritization exercises, and sponsor validation
- Possesses advanced analytical skills and be able to think through complex, multidimensional problems and drive solution design and development
- Preferred candidates have experience working in an Agile environment as part of a scrum team with demonstrated experience creating and documenting detailed requirements, user stories/specification by example, business processes, fit/gap analysis, and business cases for IT software or systems solutions and communicating functional design specifications
- Proven ability to reconcile input from multiple sources to build and drive the feature development plan for an application or solution
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and the ability to work independently in a changing business environment
- Travel – less than 10%