We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Global Head Digital and Data – Automotive Refinish – Southfield, MI (1805596)
We are seeking a Global Head of Digital and Data for the Automotive Refinish organization (ECR). In this newly created role, you will develop, execute and maintain a global digital strategy for Automotive Refinish. You will partner and collaborate with global and regional digital community both internal t BASF and externally to develop a commercial strategy that will allow us to transform our business processes, leverage emerging technologies to develop new business models, implement fast and agile development processes, and ultimately create competitive differentiation.
As the Global Head of Digital and Data, you will design, staff, manage and develop the organization appropriately to achieve Digital & Data strategy. You will maintain current knowledge of opportunities provided by various digital tools and processes, and continuously challenge the Automotive Refinish organization to adopt transformative solutions. Providing appropriate visibility and reporting to stakeholders on the effectiveness of the digital unit, digital tools and project implementation will be key.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Leveraging your academic background (technical, engineering, data management, or business) and proven ability to lead larger teams in a globally matrixed environment, you will establish and execute Automotive Refinish’s digital development priorities; you will develop, gain approval for, and implement proposals using digitalization that drive growth and increased profitability
- Tapping into your prior experience implementing and utilizing digital tools and methodologies to drive business transformation, you will expand the appreciation for, and opportunities provided by, digitalization in the global ECR community
- Your demonstrated strategic capabilities will be critical as you cultivate a broad internal network and constantly engage the full ecosystem to develop opportunities to utilize digital solutions
- You will establish and control organizational and project budgets and hire as appropriate to achieve the strategic objectives; you will also implement agile work methods to drive rapid and successful project execution
- Your start-up or digital consulting experience will serve you well as you develop means to engage the global ECR population in idea generation regarding business opportunities or functionality enhancements; you will regularly participate with Coatings Solutions’ Digital Unit personnel and other BASF digital resource groups to ensure clear alignment of priorities, resourcing, and identification of further opportunities
- You will collaborate closely with the Coatings Division’s global Digital Unit Lead and regional Digital Champions to ensure complimentary priorities and to leverage opportunities and resources as appropriate
- Your experience in change management and continuous improvement orientation (LEAN) will be critical as you establish relevant unit-level KPIs and develop efficient management controls and communication to ensure tracking and visibility of success relative to key performance indicator.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Change Management, Management