Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Global Food Challenge Intern
Up to eight emerging leaders will be selected from 11 partner Universities for the 2020 Global Food Challenge program. Interns selected must meet the eligibility requirements and meet the expected internship outcomes.
As part of the internship, students will have the opportunity to interact with key industry leaders while learning more about agriculture globally, nationally & locally. Along with experiencing our growing industry, students will also work on a consulting project for Land O’Lakes. Working with fellow Global Food Challenge interns, you will be partnering with our internal business units to complete a business unit specific consulting project.
What you can expect from the Global Food Challenge Internship:
• Paid 12-week summer internship May – August 2020; Potential information sessions for students selected will happen remotely in Spring 2020.
• All expenses paid to Land O’Lakes headquarters, Land O’Lakes member cooperative, international location, and local site-visits
• Exploration of real-world agricultural issues through a series of experiential learning opportunities throughout the year and a team consulting project
• Broad exposure to agribusiness, the Land O’Lakes organization and leadership team
• Invaluable career development and leadership opportunities
• Work with cross-functional teams to evaluate and drive performance improvements
• Get a great introduction to Land O’Lakes’ collaborative, fun and engaging culture
• Experience studying abroad
• Opportunity to educate others on the agricultural industry
• Exposure to variety of careers in agriculture
• Serving as an ambassador for agriculture and the food industry
1. Review online application form.
2. Create one-minute video and upload to YouTube.
3. Complete online application form and include link to video on YouTube.
4. Upon submission of online application, complete HR questionnaire to submit resume and complete final step. In order to be considered, both steps must be completed.
Expected graduation date of May 2022 or December 2022 Current students from the following universities and colleges are eligible to apply: Alabama A&M University, Iowa State University, Kansas State University, North Carolina A&T University, Northwestern University, Penn State University, Purdue University, The George Washington University, University of Florida, University of Minnesota, and University of Wisconsin-Madison GPA of 3.0 or higher Demonstrated involvement and leadership in campus organizations, clubs or student government included in resume Must be available for 12-week Summer Experience May – August 2020. Must be able to obtain a passport for travel to and within international destinations (location TBD; most likely an African or Middle Eastern nation) Must be physically capable of international travel to, and short-term residence within, emerging and/or underdeveloped countries, possibly without access to modern amenities of daily life and exposure to extreme weather conditions; must also have the ability to participate in service work, including physical labor. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must be able to effectively communicate to groups of various sizes, ages and opinions. Must have a strong drive to work hard and be open to new learning opportunities. Must have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced industry and make a difference Submit videos, assignments and other requested materials at deadlines.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy