In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, GxT trait interaction intern, are to:
- Evaluate yield data from field trials for yield performance and general plant development trait;
- Leverage germplasm data on field entries to identify genetic regions associated with specific traits;
- Explore genetic haplotypes to identify candidate regions and develop hypotheses that can be tested using available germplasm and field data;
- Summarize and report key finding and proposed next steps.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D./M.S. program in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, OR Computational Biology;
- Strong programming skills in R or Python;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Interest or knowledge in plant genetics.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.