This position is responsible for the daily management of all activities of the FSQA department to include food safety programs specification adherence and product quality for products within their assigned facility. In addition the FSQA Manager will oversee all special projects as assigned departmental budgets turnover and safety.
Nationwide relocation is available.
Responsibilities include: daily oversight of production practices including raw material receiving requirements; preoperational and operational sanitation; finished product quality and Food Safety Systems; insuring all Tyson FSQA policies and procedures are followed; monitoring verification and documentation associated with adherence to government regulations; developing implementing and maintaining the HACCP and SSOP based inspection programs; insuring finished product conforms to customer product and label specifications; report product issues and audit results to plant and corporate FSQA plant management corporate sales and operations; interacting with customers and their agents for product showings plant tours and audits; visits to customer facilities initial product runs and investigation response to quality related customer complaints; monitoring microbiological results conducting bacterial swabs and generating shelf-life environmental graphs; performing research and development activities conducting and promoting sanitation training and education to employees; responsible for implementing and maintaining food safety and quality programs and for the selecting training and managing of FSQA Supervisors and FSQA Technicians.
- Education: Requires broad knowledge in general professional or technical field. This knowledge is normally acquired through a bachelor s degree in an academic field directly related and essential to the job.
- Experience: 3 plus years.
- Computer Skills: Standard computer skills required; generating spreadsheets and develop templates for use by plant management and corporate FSQA sales and operations.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required both written and verbal demonstrating the proven ability to correspond with all levels – line team members to corporate management.
- Special Skills: Must have good problem identification and problem solving skills. Must be able to work independently yet interact with many different facets within the organization and be the plant liaison to USDA.
- Supervisory: Manage crewing labor and attendance of the FSQA department.