The intern will focus on the finished product specification project for targets such as product moisture, cut size, etc. The intern will document and create a set of specifications that can be used in all VA facilities to ensure we have optimal and consistent product quality and practices in achieving our established fished product specifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Work closely with maintenance and operations teams to understand how different equipment work
- Understand the targets set for the different types of products
- Conduct shelf life studies to determine if selected settings are impacting quality in a negative way
- Create a log for all facilities to use for dryer settings, blade configurations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2020 summer internship
- Paid internship
- No housing assistance provided
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Some engineering skills preferred
- Process Innovation
- Research and Development
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, lift up to 25 pounds, identify and distinguish colors, and work in a cold environment.
- Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Currently rising junior or senior pursuing a degree in Food Science or related field
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Location Bessemer City, North Carolina, United States Position Type Intern