For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 460 crop procurement locations, 300 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses.
Freight Broker II
This is a full time, exempt position.
Coordination of truck shipments of fertilizer, grain and other ADM commodities with customers and carriers in the Northern Plains. This person will be working in a team environment and will also be expected to exercise a certain degree of autonomy when developing relationships with customers and carriers.
- Review grain and fertilizer contracts with the team on a daily basis to ensure accurate and timely execution
- Field incoming calls from customers and carriers, dispatch loads, coordinate synergies between fertilizer, grain and third party freight
- Price truck freight for nearby andforward execution periods for bulk commodity contracts
- Understand the dynamics of the regional truck freight market and commodity markets. Use this knowledge to develop back haul strategies, arbitrage opportunities and new trade opportunities
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with customers and carriers based on personal service and trust. Prospect for new, qualified carriers to haul ADM freight
- Become familiar with other ADM divisions and identify any opportunities for freight or trade synergies based on truck movement
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business (i.e., Economics, Finance, Accounting) preferred, supplemented with 1 – 3 years of experience working in transportation and/or marketing of commodities and related food, feed and/or fuel products in North America. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven ability to manage effectively within a team-based, diverse work environment
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated capacity to excel within high risk, fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the domestic trade
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users, suppliers and internal customers
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheets, database, word processing software and applications within a Windows-based environment
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401(k)/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
Recruiter: Stacey Meyer
Hiring Manager: Bill Dumond