If selected for this position, you will perform sampling, weighing, and analytical and physical testing and assists in the inspection of products standardized under the U.S. Grain Standards Act of 1976 (USGSA).
Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures accurate weights and accurate determinations of events that support the official weight certification.
- Performs visual inspection and mechanical measurements to assist in establishing the kind and/or class and quality of grain/rice/pulses and related commodities to be processed.
- Prepares samples for inspection and file sample retention by dividing gross samples of grain/rice/pulses or related commodities to obtain official work and file sample portions.
- Performs the full range of laboratory analytical and physical tests found in assigned field office
- Monitors grain collected by mechanical (diverter-type) samplers during export loading operations.
- Conducts stowage examinations in shipholds, barges, hopper cars, and other containers to ensure cleanliness and acceptability of storage handling facilities.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.