This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Southeast Watershed Research Unit, located in Tifton, GA. The mission of the Unit is to develop the scientific understanding of watershed systems.
The incumbent will serve as a research technician in hydrology, agricultural systems, and environmental quality programs that address the interactions of hydrologic processes, water quality, and cropping systems.
Learn more about this agency
- Records instrument readings, collects samples, and takes measurements.
- Maintains inventories of chemicals and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Assists in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of standardized or routine duties, in a laboratory and field environment, common to the assigned area of work.
- Keeps detailed records of experimental data and tabulates data using personal computers and software packages.
- Performs routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.