This position is located is located at the Angeles National Forest, San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in Glendora, CA .
This position is located on a Forest Service unit and has responsibility for the minerals and special uses program. Assignments include completion of required NEPA, permit preparation, correspondence, billing, inspections.
- Maintain external relationships by keeping informed on all phases of permit activities to explain management practices and policies and receive feedback from organizational groups, community leaders and individuals.
- Review complaints made by permittees for follow-up with supervisor.
- Explain requirements of permits to gain compliance and coordinate permit clause stipulations with Federal, State and local laws, rules, ordinances and regulations.
- Prepare permits in final form for supervisor’s review to ensure recommendations and findings are compatible and not in conflict or will adversely affect other natural resources.
- Maintain casefiles and other official records in a complete, accurate and thorough manner.
- Document permittee casefiles with current information for purposes of follow-up actions, compliance checks and for matters of administrative review.
- Assist in the preparation of written environmental analysis reports (categorical exclusions, environmental analysis or environmental impact statements) for a variety of recreation and land and/or mineral proposals.
- Perform permit administration for activities within undeveloped and developed recreation areas of a unit.
- Review permit applications to determine potential impact on land and other visitors and work with applicant to identify alternative locations, dates or activities and other ways to mitigate impacts.
- Assist with performing compliance checks and inspections on existing permits under authorization for minerals and special use programs.
- Research legal documents such as bonding instruments, land plots and titles to determine ownership, rights and claims to apply to the processing and development of mineral authorizations.
25% or less – You may be expected to do 25% or Less travel for this position.