This position is located on the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests, Conasauga Ranger District.
The incumbent’s duties include timber marking, timber cruising, harvest unit layout, harvest and service contract inspections.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Justin Seaborn at 706-695-6736 or by email at email@example.com
Learn more about this agency
- Perform fundamental timber cruising procedures including the measurement of tree diameter and height and the estimation of timber defect and quality.
- Apply the instructions issued in a cruise plan.
- Observe and report areas of possible archeological significance and sightings of sensitive, threatened or endangered wildlife species.
- Use silvicultural prescriptions and marking guides to select and mark individual trees for harvest.
- Designate sale area and cutting unit boundaries on the ground.
- Serve as tally person or operate electronic field data recorders.
- Assess quality and determine defects in timber.
- Prepare, process, and interpret reports of timber cruise data using a computerized system.
25% or less – 25% or less travel with overnight lodging will be required for meetings, trainings, workshops, and field/site visits and reviews.