These positions are located on a Forest Service Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center.
The incumbent serves as a Computer Assistant for a variety of administrative and technical program applications to identify, research, and resolve problems or errors, within their assigned authority, and provides guidance and instructions to end users who require assistance for multi-program operating systems.
For contact Information please see “Additional Information.”
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Point-Of-Contact for resolving IT questions or problems.
- Works on multiple operating systems, network systems, and complex applications in order to monitor and maintain system workflow.
- Trains all types of users on system rules and ways to safeguard the systems from outside issues; puts together how-to guides on accessing system applications.
- Responsible for providing IT technical support to the JCCC in the execution of its mission by monitoring a variety of systems.
- Responds to problems based on a user and/or management-initiated request made by staff/students in person, by telephone or by email.
- Coordinates with Desktop Engineering Specialist when creating and/or trouble shooting image or FS software.
- Carries out limited specialized projects in conjunction with various teams within the organization.