Join us. Do work that matters!
In partnership with the U.S. Forest Service Southwestern Region, MobilizeGreen seeks a 52-week Conservation Education Resource Assistant Intern to work in the Lincoln National Forest (LNF). The RA will engage with youth, tribes, families, schools, and community partners that live and work near the LNF. The goal is to better serve our community and maintain relevance and positive relationships with local kids, businesses, and partners. The RA will serve as the point of contact for Smokey Bear inquiries received by the Forest for the Alamogordo community and the district offices in Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, and Carlsbad. The RA will serve as a member of the EKO working group to get Every Kid Outdoor passes to 4th grade schools in Alamogordo, Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, and Carlsbad, and take the lead on presentations in 2021. The RA will also work with schools and local partners by providing important forest-related information, including wildlife, fire prevention, conservation, leave-no-trace, and activities for young students to learn about the outdoors.We are committed to creating a diverse environment and diverse applicants with relevant education or experience are encouraged to apply.
Location:The Lincoln National Forest, 3463 La Palomas, Alamogordo, NM 88310
Term:52-weeks starting March 2020. Full-time (40 hrs/week).
- $500 per week living allowance
- Site/housing stipend eligble.
- Hands on learning and job training experience.
- 2-yeardirecthiring certificate with the Forest Service (must successfully complete positionand 960 hours).
- Health insurance eligible.
- Mentorship for career and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help support a sustainable program development by creating a toolbox of materials.
- Provide important forest-related information, including wildlife, fire prevention, conservation, leave-no-trace, and activities for young students to learn about the outdoors.
- Work with schools to bring basic conservation education messaging and after-school events.
- Assist with Forest Service Engagement campaigns, such as SmokeyBear Live, Great Outdoors Live, It’s All Yours Campaign, and interpretive resources.
- Lead activities at outreach events.
Experience and Qualifications:
- College/graduate student working towards a degree in recreation, natural resource management, or conservation-related field, or a recent graduate with a degree in similar fields.
- Valid driver’s license for required job-related driving.
- Strong writingskills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample may be required).
- Ability to work both independently and with others collaboratively on projects.
- Deep interest in environment/natural resource management and the U.S. Forest Service.
Work Environment:May be required to travel and work in the backcountry and other remote locations on the forest, independently, and in teams. Field work and administrative work in an office. Drive on and navigate forest roads and hiking.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you would be a good match
- 3 references
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: animal, forest, forester, habitat, naturalist, nature, parks and recreation, plant, rangeland, skin