Are you a self-driven, food safety professional with experience working in a seafood processing environment? Are you process-oriented with impeccable attention to detail? Do you have experience working with regulatory agencies like the FDA? Does the idea of working for an innovative, environmentally responsible, and science-based Salmon farming company appeal to you?
If you said YES to all of these, then you could be a great fit as our Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager!
WHO WE ARE
AquaBounty is a small, but growing, company with a bold vision—to pioneer a sustainable and nutritious future by transforming aquaculture. We raise Atlantic salmon that is nutritious, delicious, fresh, and affordable.
From our CEO to our farm technicians, AquaBounty’s team members share a passionate belief that smarter, science-based aquaculture can change the world.
AquaBounty raises Atlantic salmon in carefully monitored, indoor, land-based farms. AquaBounty’s genetically engineered salmon, have been precision-bred to reach market size in approximately half the time of conventional salmon, with improved efficiency. AquaBounty’s Atlantic salmon was genetically engineered one time, 30 years ago, to help the fish during their early, most vulnerable stages of growth. AquaBounty’s salmon are the first bioengineered animal protein approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada for commercial production and human consumption.
- Excellence. We do our best every day to learn new skills and solve real problems that lead to a better world, a rewarding workplace, and fulfilled customers.
- Passion. We embrace an authentic belief in our mission and purpose through doing what we love and loving what we do with dedication and energy.
- Innovation. We pioneer change by enabling courage, curiosity, and creative thinking. Seeking continuous improvement of methods, practices, and technologies.
- Collaboration. Respecting our differences as we work together to achieve shared success, with humility, compassion, and open-mindedness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS THE FOOD SAFETY QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
- Manage the periodic review of AquaBounty’s Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) ensuring that the plan is in compliance with regulatory agencies. Document and maintain the review process.
- Work with the Harvest & Processing Manager to ensure the communication of any necessary updates to the HACCP plan to senior management and the HACCP Team.
- Observe and audit procedures and work with the processing team to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), identify areas for improvement in the processing systems, make recommendations for such improvements and ensure timely completion of recommendations.
- Investigate safety and quality issues that are identified and determine the impact on food safety; collaborate with the Processing Team to evaluate whether a root cause analysis should be completed; make recommendations to eliminate/improve conditions. Keep a log of issues to ensure issues aren’t repeated.
- Certify the acceptability of product and document the release of the components of the product for use. This includes but is not limited to packaging materials and final assessment of the fish product.
- Collaborate with the Processing Team to write and/or revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that impact HACCP.
- Ensure that applicable HACCP training gets completed for persons in safety-sensitive positions.
- Work with other compliance staff members to ensure the requirements for other compliance programs are being met.
YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE
- A Leader in Quality – You are not afraid to take the lead and present informed input but you will ask questions if you are unsure of a situation. Quality and food safety come first. You don't let anything get by you that could jeopardize that.
- Organized – You possess an incredibly high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills in order to stay on top of critical food safety process reports and audits.
- Self-Driven – You have a proven track record of motivating yourself to take initiative and begin and complete tasks without external prodding.
- Communicative – You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable with creating and maintaining strong relationships with the entire team in Indiana and Canada.
- Team Oriented – While you understand this role will require you to provide compliance oversight, you address situations in a collaborative and respectful way.
- Solution-Oriented – When you see a problem arise, you are quick to look for a solution.
- Believe in What We Do – You appreciate that you are part of a team that is harvesting and processing over 400k fish. Everything you do is to ensure all fish that leave the plant are safe and of high quality.
YOU POSSESS THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s of Science degree, or combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 3+ years Management experience working in a seafood processing environment with Seafood HACCP training and Sanitation Control procedures
- Training in cGMP 21 CFR Part 117 and FDA’s Food Safety and Modernization Act.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Option to enroll in Health Insurance Plan including Life, Dental, Vision
- 401k with a 3% match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Training and coaching are provided.
- Opportunity to grow within a company on the cutting edge of aquaculture
Are you ready to join an innovative, driven team in the world’s fastest-growing food-production sector? Apply NOW to be invited to complete a short video interview by our recruiting partners, AHA! Recruiting Experts.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AquaBounty and AHA! Recruiting Experts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.