Food is Fun. Food is Love.
The Eurofins National Food Laboratories Team is making our future more fun. Developing healthier, more natural snacks. Creating new foods with plant based proteins. Drawing out the winning flavors for kids. Bottling that new energy shot. Making sure that new foods and beverages are manufactured safely and consistently. We are consumer researchers, expert chefs, food scientists, chemical engineers and statisticians, all committed to creating food people want to eat and benefit from. Our best-in-class consumer and sensory research capabilities are the result of the acquisition and combination of two long-standing and respected organizations, the former Food Perspectives, Inc. and National Food Labs. Using a variety of quantitative and qualitative consumer and sensory research techniques we help our clients make products consumers love. Join our team!
Food Processing Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Plans and designs specific activities required by the projects and distributes activities to Laboratory Technologist or Intern based on skill sets.
- Executes experimental, analytical, and sensory work on both bench and pilot scale.
- Develops analytical methods and coordinates nutritional and component analysis.
- Writes reports, formulas, data and communication that is thorough and ready for the client with little or no editing required by supervisor.
- Ensures all samples are prepared with good GMP’s that are well labeled and of high quality.
- Ensures lab notebook maintenance SOP is followed.
- Seeks out information/facilities to get the job completed.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources (suppliers, consultants, professors, service providers and other third party people) to find solutions.
- Ensures appropriate and timely communication of key information among client, team and supervisor.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with client.
- Adds insight and value to discussions, understanding client needs.
- Organizes and participates in meetings and conference calls.
- Reads and responds to emails, phone calls in a timely manner.
- Assists team members to carry out such communication duties as necessary.
- Independently coordinates pilot and plant trials: develops trial plans and protocols, serves as liaison between the manufacturing plant, client and development laboratory for trial.
- Independently drafts, structures and executes project plans. Submits to supervisor for review. Identifies appropriate phases and deliverables and determines resource needs.
- Writes pilot and plant trial reports.
- Maintains documentation; Organizes computer and hard copy files and records in lab notebook for corporate records and sharing.
- Keeps updated and educated on relevant news, literature and findings in the industry.
- Trains less-experienced staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travels to various National Food Labs and client locations to support studies and projects
- Travels to technical conferences to represent National Food Labs
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education Minimum Required:
- PhD in food science degree.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Experience Minimum Required:
- PhD degree from an IFT accredited food science program, or 4-6 years of related experience without PhD.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines.
- Basic project management skills.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Videos To Watch