CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Enterprise Credit group for a Financial Credit Analyst to support our Wholesale Crop Protection business. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and have the ability to question and maintain positive customer relationships. You must have proven ability to collaborate with business partners and utilize strong negotiation & diplomacy skills. This opportunity has growth potential within CHS.
- Collaborate with and support the crop protection business unit through developing creative ways of mitigating risk and maximizing sales.
- Perform pre-sale credit risk evaluations on new customers, with emphasis on financial statement analysis as well as evaluation of data obtained from bank and trade references.
- Conduct financial credit evaluations on assigned portfolios of customers, identifying key risk elements for each account, assign risk ratings and recommend appropriate action to reduce risk to CHS when warranted
- Approve credit line amounts within assigned authority level
- Manage customer account balances to their approved credit line amounts.
- Negotiate collateralsecurity requirements with customers.
- Coordinate with the Collections and the Legal departments on delinquent accounts in order to optimize CHS cash flow.
- Utilize ability to critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternative actions before making decisions.
- Resolve moderately complex credit problems and confer with management on highly sensitive accounts.
- Participate in special projects enhancing the department effectiveness by leveraging technology and the integration of A/R – Account Receivable portfolio with risk assessment tools.
- Participate/ assist credit manager in developing additional reporting, control and credit processes within the newly implemented Microsoft D365 ERP system.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Commercial Credit & Financial Analysis or equivalent finance or accounting experience.
- Direct professional work experience with one or more of the following:
- Commercial Contracts
- Negotiating Security Documents
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 system or equivalent experience.
- Experience extending commercial credit approvals.
- Ability to travel to customer locations
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.