As a Financial Analyst supporting our production facilities, you will be responsible for performing a variety of finance duties. Primary responsibilities include working with Supply Chain and Direct Store Delivery (DSD) teams to provide financial analysis and support on all areas of the production cycle with emphasis on waste improvement, conversion cost expense, transport expense, DSD expense, key performance indicator tracking & reporting and capital expenditure coordination.
In addition, you will prepare and file the Market Administrator Report monthly, prepare period milk accrual journal entries and support the Procure to Pay process, including the period suspect accrual journal entries.
You must be a leader with high energy, have strong communication skills (both verbal & written) and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience working in a manufacturing environment with exposure in both revenue and supply chain a strong plus.
- Partner with the Supply Chain and DSD teams to provide financial analysis and support on all areas of the production cycle with emphasis on waste improvement, conversion cost expense, transport expense and DSD expense
- Meet weekly with the Production team to review the team’s financial spending and challenge spending by department
- Analyze daily, weekly & period Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking and reporting
- Develop accurate productivity project calculators and tracking tools to verify savings identified and projected savings
- Participate and provide ideas in strategic Supply Chain/DSD/Finance projects that focus on process improvement, eliminate non-value-added transactions
- Coordinate and prepare as needed all Supply Chain/DSD Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) with Production/Transport/DSD teams and Leaders using standard CER templates. Additionally, responsible for fixed asset additions, disposals, depreciation and fixed asset schedules
- Provide assistance documenting SOPs using process maps and flow charts to better understand opportunities
- Review the refrigerated warehouse over/short reconciliation daily/period with plant leaders and recommend corrections as needed
- Review all plant inventories at period end for finished goods, packaging, ingredients and raw milk (physical to book)
- Analyze cost center line item detail for accuracy and reasonableness each period. Understand what makes up the numbers and make recommendations for corrective action for expenses above normal trends
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts each period
- Provide Ariba/Quest support for the Supply Chain and DSD teams
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Provide other ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of three years of relevant Food & Beverage industry related work experience with exposure to both revenue and supply chain
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application
- CPA or Master’s Degree in Business or Finance a plus
- ROSS, JDE, COGNOS, Ariba (Quest) financial system knowledge will be beneficial