- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment to include: small bottle filling system and packaging equipment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in detail without deviation.
- Inspect product packaging to ensure it meet customers’ specifications.
- Collect routine product samples and perform routine package integrity tests to ensure that product meets quality specifications.
- Set-up and use the appropriate packaging materials in accordance with the production schedule.
- Set-up packaging coders, validate product codes in accordance with code specifications.
- Identify and effectively communicate any out-of-specification product conditions.Follow the established notification protocol.
- Perform routine equipment adjustments.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Perform equipment change-overs, CIP/SIP, clean-up and equipment set-up.
- Perform department environmental controls.
- Perform product reclaim and rework operations in accordance with reclaim guidelines.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Follow all established GMP’s and Food Safety requirements.
- Safe operation of lift truck and material handling equipment.
- Cross-train with other departments.
- Perform good housekeeping within established housekeeping guidelines.
- Comply with federal, state and local dairy food regulations.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2)-two years of demonstrated work experience in food manufacturing, dairy food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and/or certifications is a plus, but not required.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong technical skills, ability to operate and understand equipment controls, touch panels and mechanical operations.
- Ability to achieve lift truck certification and safely operate lift trucks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history.
- Consistent attendance is a must.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Physical lifting up to 40-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a hands-on role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our equipment operators are assigned to a team on a shift, 24/7 operation to support manufacturing. This can either be days, swing or night shift and weekends. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or related events such as audits.
- Work up to 12-hours per day. This is a 12-hour night shift.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice – California Candidates
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal“). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.