Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, North America Field Testing and Operations Data Science Intern, are to:
- Conduct limited travel to field testing hubs/field trial locations to gain understanding of small plot research and their associated data;
- Engage multiple stakeholders for access and analysis of data sets;
- Data mining and collaboration with field teams and plot originators to determine accuracy of quality metrics;
- Determine and quantify factors leading to data quality issues (i.e. previous crop, tillage, drainage, compaction, farmer/cooperator, fertility, soil type, planting/harvest date, weather, equipment);
- Quantify the impact of yield level and deactivations on overall quality of data;
- Provide recommendations for new ways to assess data quality for our Breeding Field Testing organization
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computational Biology or related discipline;
- Thorough knowledge of data mining;
- Experience working with large, complex, and incomplete data sets;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Results oriented with ability to work independently;
- Basic knowledge of agronomy or crop production;
- Willingness to extend own data science and statistical interests to agriculture and/or experience working with ag/biological scientific data;
- Drivers License and own transportation for limited travel to sites.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.