We are seeking highly motivated Farm Technician to join our Field Solutions team for Summer of 2020. The position is a 8-month term based in Ennotville, ON (near Guelph).
- The farm technician would be responsible for organizing and implementation of maintenance operations on the Field Solutions research farm located near Guelph Ontario. A successful candidate would be active in the research program and data collection of one of the Field Solutions managers while also taking a lead responsibility in the on-going upkeep and required safety inspections of field equipment. The farm technician would also be responsible for site and field maintenance including mowing, tillage, field preparation, pest control and assistance with harvest.
- The position typically starts on April 1, 2019 and is required through November 2019.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in English
- Valid Ontario G class license (or equivalent) open to upgrading to an A restricted license.
- Good interpersonal communication and teamwork skills are essential. Ability to work with people of varying ages, backgrounds and experiences is very important.
- Agriculture industry (including farming) experience would be preferred, but not necessary.
- Attention to detail and organization for the purpose of data collection and management are an asset
- Can prioritize work with minimal supervision (daily repair and maintenance work on equipment, and/or data management)
- Manual labor is necessary and there will be daily requirements for lifting.
Your application Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people”s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.