AGRALITY INC. is seeking a full-time Operation Lead to join its facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. This position will involve conducting field research trials and seed increases on the behalf of our customers.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Experiment setup.
- Seed preparation.
- Finding cooperators.
- Field selection and preparation.
- Planting and harvest activities.
- Plot maintenance and agronomic management.
- Data collection.
- Processing plot samples.
- Organizing seed shipments for international testing.
- Supervising student and temporary help with research activities.
- Forecast of supplies needed for project activities.
- Customer and internal reports.
Timely execution of experimental protocols will be key to ensuring success of the research program. The position will be involved with a day to day decisions concerning priorities and resource allocations, including the training and supervision of temporary and full-time employees. This position will be involved in the operation of research equipment including planters, combines, and sprayers during peak seasons. The Operation Lead will provide leadership in a team environment while exercising independent judgement and discretion as appropriate to conduct field experiments. Efficient communication with customers, land owners, and other third parties is essential to the team’s success. Some travel is required to meet with customers, attend conferences, or assist staff. The ability to work in a safe and efficient manner will be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or agricultural related field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant industry / academic experience (Research / Seed Production).
- Experience within the seed R&D and seed production industries.
- Experience leading teams in a fast-peaced environment.
- Knowledgeable in field plot experimental design and statistics
- Understanding of precision agriculture
- Broad knowledge of agricultural equipment and row crop production systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office and other standard computer and software systems.
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak seasons of planting / flowering / harvest.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- CDL Class A.
- Chemical Applicators License.
We offer highly competitive compensation plus health benefits, 401K, and paid time off.