The Field Quality Engineer (FQE) is responsible for leading/managing the Product Concern Resolution (PCR) Process and acts as the liaison between Technical Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Product Management, Marketing, Sales, etc. in addressing quality issues on an ongoing basis and to drive their timely resolution. The FQE will consolidate and prioritize internal and external issues and distribute those priorities to the cross functional teams working resolutions on regular frequency.
The role is focused on the analysis of field performance based on pertinent data streams (e.g., Arrival Condition Reports (ACR), Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI), Case Management, Warranty Data, Net Promoter Scores (NPS), etc.) and synthesis of actionable insights to support the continuous improvement of out-of-factory product quality.
The FQE will ensure site awareness of emerging issues, feed systemic problems with current production to the Manufacturing and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams and support new product launches by streamlining feedback to early warning teams.
The efforts of this position should also drive understanding and awareness of product impact on customer satisfaction, market perception and warranty costs. In this respect, this role is responsible for the continuous improvement of core processes, identification of risks, timely escalation of issues and reporting of associated metrics.
The FQE will have a direct reporting relationship to the Site Quality Director/Manager and a matrix reporting relationship with the Director, Global Field Quality.
- Lead the PCR process and serve as a single-point-of contact
- Support the analysis of and monitor failure data to guide AGCO’s PCR Agenda
- Drive analytics for TOP X and emerging warranty issue work, including Weibull estimates for predicted failure rates
- Create heat maps of machine failures to enable continuous product reliability improvement
- Create and analyze claim rate and cost of repair data
- Monitor and report on claim number and warranty cost PCR Agenda rate of coverage
- Create monthly product health reports for local OPC and Manager Meetings
- Ensure consistent transparency to issues as they arise and manage escalations when appropriate
- Support analytics for Early Warning Team work in tracking performance of first units sold
- Support field issue problem solving through deep dive failure analysis
- Support the analysis of predecessor product quality performance (e.g., warranty, claim rate, repair frequency, customer feedback, etc.) and provide input for the
- New Product Specification (NPS): current quality issues/opportunities
- Support timely reporting of corporate Field Quality KPIs
- Support finance in POS rate estimation and warranty campaign planning (when requested)
- Partner with Technical Service for further improvement of the PCR process
Required Qualifications of the FQE:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, preferably leading cross-functional teams and/or group discussions or with project management
- Extensive experience in using quantitative, statistical, and advanced analytics packages, as well as with data visualization to support decision-making
- Experience leading teams or managing large projects (PMO, PMP)
- Knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting techniques and six sigma
- Substantial experience in analyzing data and generating insights.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced data analysis methods and tools
Preferred Qualifications of the FQE:
- Experience in solving complex problems in cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to effectively engage global, cross-functional stakeholders, understand their perspectives in a dynamic environment and drive alignment
- Experience with quality assurance, advanced product quality planning (APQP), product development, product validation and an agriculture background are a plus
Education of the FQE:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable Analytical Discipline
- Graduate/Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or comparable Analytical Discipline
- Fluent Oral/Written English communication skills
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Agricultural, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Agriculture