d/s Services, Inc. is a family owned business that sells, manufactures, distributes and installs high quality, innovative agricultural equipment specializing in grain storage, grain dryers, conveyors and grain handling equipment. We have been in business for over 25 years and are passionate about providing our customers unmatched service.
We are looking to hire a Field Supervisor to be based in Cass City, MI (in the thumb of Michigan). In this role, you will be the on-site lead for installs and repairs as well as assisting with welding and fabricating on the job. This is a hands-on role where you will be interpreting blueprints and installing/maintaining equipment as well as providing leadership and guidance to the rest of the crew on the project (1-7 employees, typically 3-4 employees). On a typical day, you would work closely with the owners and interact with customers onsite. This involves local travel up to an hour and half from Cass City.
If you have experience as a Millwright, Industrial Maintenance or Fabricator along with supervising others this would be a great role for you.
What we offer: We have a great family work atmosphere and the position provides significant autonomy. Compensation is highly dependent on the candidate’s background. Benefits include 100% coverage for employee health insurance, paid lunches and the perks of working in a family owned business.
What you would be doing:
- Lead the onsite installation and maintenance on grain bins, augers, conveyors, dryers, and other grain handling equipment
- Interpret instructions, blueprints and schematic drawings
- Coordinate and ensure safe transport of job materials, equipment and supplies to and from various job sites.
- Monitors the scheduling and need of routine maintenance of Service Truck and trailer, machines and equipment
- Responsible for ensuring the crew comply with all safety and project rules, and ensuring those safety precautions are implemented per D/S Services, Customer standards and/or OSHA/MIOSHA
- Mentor and train new workers and provide onsite leadership to ensure efficient project work
- Project management tasks such as organizing materials, equipment and labor as well as providing accurate job reporting to owners and customers
- Maintain organized and clean job site throughout the project
- Manage crew performance, work closely with owners on any crew members that are not upholding the standards of D/S Services
- Exhibit a positive attitude, enthusiasm, energy, and an eagerness to learn what is needed to do the job and mentor/coach fellow co-workers to exhibit the same
- Foster and create a team environment where differing perspectives are appreciated, to produce creative and productive results
This would be the job for you if you have:
- Millwright, fabrication, welding, and/or electrical/mechanical repair experience
- Project management, supervisory, or foreman on the job experience
- Valid driver’s license (CDL Class A is preferred) and maintain ongoing certifications (i.e. DOT Med Card)
- Must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D
- Knowledge of optical and laser alignments
- Experience in mechanical math
- Ability to work 6-7 days per week at 10 hours per day due to business requirements (average hours of the year 2,600)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work on feet for the majority of the day
Relatable Titles Industrial Mechanic Technician