D&K Agri Sales, Inc, located in Plymouth, NE, is a family-owned and operated company providing complete grain storage and handling equipment installs and repairs for farms along with welding and fabrication work. Join a team that works hard together to get the work done. Enjoy working for a family business where most of the work is local within a couple of hours.
We’re hiring for a full-time Field Crew Member / Millwright. In this role, you will be working on-site or in a fab shop with grain bins and related equipment. You will be mainly repairing or working on new construction of grain legs, spouting, drag conveyors, etc. You will also work with a wide range of equipment, ranging from tractor/trailer, skid steers, forklifts, telehandlers, and tractors with attachments and any other types of equipment that our jobs would require.
Our ideal candidate has prior experience as a millwright, fabricator and/or welder or relatable work with structural repairs/installs. We are also open to training the right candidate who brings a great work ethic and basic mechanical skills willing to learn. Experience in agriculture a plus.
We offer a highly competitive hourly wage highly dependent on background and experience ($17-35).
Safety is always our number one priority, and we do everything we can to ensure the safest work environments for our employees, but there are some hazards involved with working in grain handling. These hazards include exposure to electrical, fall, and trip hazards.
- You will need to be a self-starter and motivated. A career with management responsibility is possible with the right mindset and work ethic.
- This position requires the ability to be trained on basic millwright and/or mechanical knowledge
- Must have the ability to think clearly and problem solve
- Physically, this position will require you to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and crawl on a regular basis.
- Must be able to see, hear and effectively communicate with your fellow employees and customers
- This position requires that you can communicate in the English language
- This position requires you to climb ladders and work at extended heights of up to 150 feet. You must be able to regularly lift at least 50 pounds and occasionally lift 100 pounds.
- May be exposed to grain dust; you will be exposed to extreme weather conditions, including heat, cold, and high winds
- More hours may be expected during our peak season
- Must possess or be able to acquire a commercial driver’s license
- Must carry a cell phone in order to communicate with fellow employees and supervisors
We operate under the "all hands-on deck" philosophy when it comes to getting the work done. Therefore, employees are required to perform all other duties as directed by the supervisor.