Primary responsibilities of the Utility Operator are to aid in feed production and light maintenance at all locations. Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to, receiving ingredients, housekeeping, and covering mill operators when needed.
• Follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Ag Partners and regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, ISO, HACCP, GMP, FSMA, etc.)
• Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment and housekeeping duties and report any malfunctions
• Maintain good co-worker, customer, and company relations by representing Ag Partners with high integrity
• Serve on cross functional teams and offer advice to management as needed
• Be aware of and accept new technology
• Maintain a working knowledge of the mill operations
• Receive ingredients, both bulk and bagged
• Act as a back up to all hourly operations within the location
• Act as a trainer to all hourly operations in the feed mill when needed
• Support labor fluctuations in the mill, outside operations, and receiving
• Support all of NW IA feed mills
• Warehouse support
• Maintenance support
• Projects as assigned
• Provide operations support and help with bags, crumbles, etc
• Provide back-up to the logistics coordinator
• Perform minor routing maintenance on equipment, including deep cleaning, supporting Maintenance Technicians, preventative maintenance processes, maintenance stockroom functions as assigned
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Computer Skills: Knowledge of basic computer functions
Able to read, write, and speak English.
Be familiar with agricultural production.
Pass post offer drug test.
Work in adverse weather conditions.
Follow all safety rules and regulations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position will require exposure to agricultural settings including all weather conditions. Under certain circumstances the employee may have to use personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, mask and hearing protection.
Ag Partners, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.