Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Feed Sales Specialist LPS – CFE – Rock Rapids, IA
Livestock Production Specialist (LPS) – Beef Cattle: Develop, manage, and grow the beef feed business of Purina Animal Nutrition and Cooperative Farmers Elevators customers in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Beef Feed Sales
- Grow the beef business by working with cow/calf and feedlot operations and provide profitability to the producer and CFE
- Communicate with the other sales team members and help provide service to the beef system
- Provide accurate feeding and management recommendations
- Stay educated about the livestock feed industry and CFE’s specific product lines
- Provide education to locations regarding changing marketed products
- Seek out new prospects and work to develop additional sales accounts
- Maintain detailed records; sales, prospects, expenses, etc.
- Provide ongoing customers service and support to the producer
- Work with all departments to increase business for CFE
- Provide and perform duties as needed to meet goals of the group
- Participate in trade show events or conventions
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- Requires at least an Associate’s level degree with preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Candidate should have an understanding of cattle husbandry, current management practices, and nutritional guidelines, general market, and industry knowledge.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
- Successful candidate should be competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to livestock owners in the market served.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with strong organization and time management skills.
- Success in this position requires high internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
- Computer skills, specifically MS Office, plus the ability to be trained on ration balancing software, etc.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- On farm interaction, in all-weather types at producer facilities for a walk through, and evaluations.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- A four year degree in related field. Member of clubs/organizations related to the beef cattle industry in a leadership position.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in retail feed sales, livestock nutrition, marketing, and the execution of growth plan with proven success.
- Candidate has demonstrated ability to network in industry to put producers together to earn additional business and relationships.
- Candidate has strong public speaking skills.
Percentage of Travel:
- 15% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy