Central Valley Ag (CVA), headquartered in York, NE is a regional cooperative serving animal owners and their families throughout a 3-state area (Eastern NE, NW IA, North Central KS). CVA provides a portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, additives, ingredients, grain, and specialty technologies for livestock and lifestyle markets.
As an employee in Feed Sales at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for effectively working with both internal team members and external animal owners (customers & prospects) to assist them in achieving their respective goals. The sales specialist will focus on increasing market share through the use of technology and product, along with knowledge of animal nutrition/husbandry. Equally important is the ability to build strong relationships with people of all social styles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Call on prospective producers and service customers to build new business and drive growth of feed sales with all species of feed requested by producers.
2. Provide production/nutrition solutions for cattle and other livestock
3. Assist producers in setting up cost and production records to determine most
economical method of livestock operation.
4. Follow pricing procedures as established by Feed Division.
5. Utilize computer software to provide producers financial solutions.
6. Market the location’s products, services and knowledge.
7. Keep supervisor/Ingredient Purchaser apprised of sales trends.
8. Comply with current Central Valley Ag credit policies.
9. Maintain and promotes a safe work environment.
10. Assist other divisions and locations as needed.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Good writing and time management skills required.
• Must possess problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to use good judgment and decision making.
• General mathematics and accounting skills required.
• Excellent negotiation skills required.
• Must be willing to travel in assigned trade area in a manner that effectively supports sales growth and customer satisfaction. Over night travel may be required for conferences, training, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Two/Four-year college degree in a related field is preferred
• Three to five years’ related experience
• Proven results and sustained growth in sales and market share.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
• Software: AgTrax, Word, Excel, Email
• Single or multiple axle trucks
• Scale operations
• Front end loaders
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
• Safety – Maintain a work environment that is safe for everyone.
• Customer Focus – Actively look for ways to help customers.
• Integrity – Adhere to moral and ethical principles.
• Teamwork – Work well with others to achieve a common goal.
• Financial Accountability – Take responsibility for financial decisions.
• Innovation – Introduce new ideas, devices, or methods.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THIS POSITION
• Must be able to lift and/or move at least 50lbs.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met in order to perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, position responsibilities, and required abilities and skills. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an individual in this position and nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the person holding this position at any time. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities expected to meet job standards.