- Achieve a general knowledge of daily plant production with emphasis on production efficiency, quality and safety standards.
- Understand facility layout and system flows.
- Work alongside production employees in the following areas to gain a working knowledge of the feed mill equipment and plant operations.
- Receiving / Grinding
- Learn to schedule production taking into account proper sequencing and clean-out procedures.
- Learn the Quality Assurance program for finished feed sampling, ingredient sampling, inspection and testing.
- Learn to provide work direction, training, and cross-training for all production and labor positions and assist with evaluating employee performance.
- Participate and conduct employee orientation: review facility rules, safety policies and programs, regulations and operational processes.
- Perform monthly inventories and learn to reconcile variances.
- Perform feed variance corrective action investigation and manage work offs.
- Supervise training for personnel in regards to job duties, safety, equipment requirements and quality control to ensure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Learn the HACCP protocol and participate on HACCP committee, assuring production operations is in full compliance with CHS standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Associates degree in Ag Operations, Ag Engineering, or Industrial Management
- Knowledge of Microsoft office Suite
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to lift 55 lbs; climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, track mobiles and/or drive a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to relocate upon completion of the program
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness
- Supervisory experience
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Feed and mechanical background
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.