Commercial egg producer in the West Michigan area is seeking a Feed Mill Manager for their operation.
The ideal candidate will take an initiative driven, entrepreneurial approach to their business. Through process review and improvement, they will develop better management and efficiencies of the feed mill operation which will ensure consistent production of nutritionally balanced feed.
Minimum: Associates degree in Feed Mill Management or equivalent years of experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred in Feed Mill Management or Animal Science.
- Provide leadership through communication, active goal setting and routine coaching of personnel.
- Look for process improvements for greater production efficiencies and reduction in errors.
- Develop an audit process to ensure compliance to existing or new processes within the mill – inventory, housekeeping, equipment PM, etc.
- Manage food safety and maintenance of HACCP plan.
- Oversee and manage the daily milling operations: production schedules, inventory control and maintenance programs by utilizing the tools and system in place.
- Ingredient receiving and batching of various poultry feeds.
- Coordinate feed deliveries to all company and contract facilities.
- Maintain finished feed samples and quality monitoring of ingredients on a regular basis.
- Conduct housekeeping audits on a regular basis.
- Improve overall operations and coordinate with various department managers to maximize egg production and profitability.
- Manage all corn drying during harvest activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
2-4 years in a similar role is required.
Reporting to the position:
Feed mill assistant, Feed mill operators
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to work in an environment that may involve extreme temperatures and dust. Lifting requirements up to 50lbs. occasionally. This job will require climbing ladders/stairs to access varying heights within the mill.