This facility offers bulk feed for farm animals with sales of $2 million plus annually.
- Provide leadership and vision for our feed business. Be a part of planning and coordinating feed products offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Manage the locations workforce in the areas of ingredient receiving, feed manufacturing and delivery through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation, and regular employee reviews.
- Formulate annual operation budgets and manage profit and loss performance relative to budget expectations.
- Manage an annual capital budget. Identify and submit annual capital appropriations request, and oversee projects through completion in conjunction with vendors and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be a part of a team that develops and establishes growth strategies to support sales and revenue objectives for the cooperatives feed business.
- Work directly with producers to earn new business, understand and anticipate their needs; respond in a timely manner to complaints or concerns related to products and / or services.
- Understand and have an active role in implementing the processes and procedures needed to achieve HACCP and SQF Certifications.
- Ensure all safety, quality and production standards are met at your location; including Safe Feed / Safe Food Protocols. Be empowered to implement and oversee all safety improvements.
- Oversee and ensure all corporate policy, local, state, and federal government regulations are adhered to and required compliance documentation is complete.
- Develop and maintain relationships with nutrition, animal health, equipment, and technology vendors.
- Keep abreast of industry trends or changes to accurately answer patron inquiries.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Animal Science or related program (additional years of experience my offset education requirement)
- 5 years feed industry experience to include:
- Managing staff of ten (10) plus employees at single location in multiple shifts
- Developing & managing operating budgets of $65 million plus
- Understanding of feed manufacturing processes, manufacturing equipment, and ingredient quality in a multi-species feed manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and experience with government regulation requirements regarding feed manufacturing and transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Supervisory experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.