Welcome to KTM FARM! Founded in 1975, we’re a family owned, and operated farm located in the Red River Valley of North Dakota. We are committed to producing quality products such as wheat, corn, soybeans and sugar beets. We strive to keep up with recent technology, equipment and use the most optimal farming practices that will enhance productivity and preservation of the land.
We’re hiring for a Farm Supervisor to join our team in Wahpeton, ND. In this role you would be working closely with the Owners on leading daily field operations. You will be involved with people management, leading projects and assisting with troubleshooting in-the-moment operational challenges and maintenance repairs.
Our ideal candidate brings
- Prior farm experience managing people and processes
- Strong ability to prioritize projects and ability to solve problems
- Positive energy and calm demeanor to lead others
Why work for KTM Farm? We offer competitive compensation, health care benefits and PTO. We care about our family of employees and offer a great working environment that promotes growth and longevity. If you are looking to join a progressive family operation focused on top notch production agriculture come see what we are all about at http://www.ktmfarm.com/
- Coordinate with the Owner on operational tasks, labor management, crop management, planning, and day-to-day execution of safety policy and farming practices.
- Lead day-to-day operations maximizing efficient use of labor, equipment and time.
- During the winter months lead maintenance projects. During growing season, manage a field crew for a given crop including planting, spraying, harvesting and tillage.
- Train, motivate and coach employees on their performance; maximize the talent of each team member and continually work towards further developing the team.
- Monitor quality of maintenance projects, field work, and data tracking of team.
- Oversee preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain accurate parts inventory; order parts and maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of the farm, machinery and landowner properties.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures for continuous improvements
- Agriculture related degree or equivalent farm management experience (3+ years).
- Must be able to physically work in an outdoors in the elements and extended hours during peak seasons.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record at all times. CDL Class A preferred.
- Must have mechanical ability to maintain equipment.